Governor Abubakar Bagudu of Kebbi state has said that states in the country need more money to invest in infrastructural development and lift millions of poverty.
Speaking on the sidelines of the 27th Nigerian Economic Summit (NES) in Abuja, Bagudu averred that even though people say we’ve over-borrowed as country, however more money is needed to invest in our capacities
He also stated that the limiting factor at the sub-national level is resources. Bagudu said;
“I want to see the minister of finance, budget and national planning at the world stage telling investors that Nigeria needs $1 trillion to support development.
“People say we have over-borrowed, but we need more money, and we need the support urgently to invest in our capacities.
“I want to see how the ministry of finance (the minister is here) can go out there and confuse people on how to mobilise much more resources. For me, at the sub-national level, the limiting factor is resources.
“When Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna state, attempted to borrow from the World Bank… it was very frustrating for him to borrow small amount needed for the state on a development plan. You have to go to the federal government, assembly, all that.”
- I Bello Babatunde Moshood, The CEO of Babatundebase.com, I hail from osun state, I was bred in Oyo state I'm Living in Lagos presently, I graduate from university of uyo in 2016, I start my blogging career since 2013.
- 2022.01.19MUSIC(MUSIC) Portable Ft. Barry Jhay – All Eyes On Me
- 2022.01.12CategoriesTobi Bakre’s wife and their baby boy Adorable photo of reality TV star
- 2022.01.12CategoriesOnline star, 24 yrs whom faces a year in jail for posing naked in front of church
- 2022.01.12NEWSActor Uti Nwachukwu, Tithing works but it is not compulsory